Saturday, July 5, 2014

Relaxer Stretch Update

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
How is your stretch?

In the beginning of my relaxer stretch, my hair was bad. I graduated May 24 and the day before I got an half-inch cut off because of my split ends. My hair was always dry no matter what I did so I was on the edge of giving up. Eventually I did and I was just so upset because I didn’t know what else I could do. I just didn’t have enough motivation. A few weeks later, I thought about starting all over and decided to restart my hair journey. It was going to be a full year on July 13 but that’s just an odd date so I wanted to restart it on the first of the month. Then, I reviewed my hair regimen and decided to start all over.

#Backtothebasics

Make sure you look out for my post about the actual products that I used. I didn’t add it in my hair regimen explained because it was going to be too much to read at once so I’ll just make it separate.

Pros
Cons
Hair growth
Dry hair
Shine
Cannot fit in ponytail
Soft
Layers
Manageable
Tangles easily
Moisturized
Shorter hair pieces in the front
Lots of new growth
Phenomenal shrinkage
I can air dry



There are some good things about this relaxer stretch as well as the bad but I’m trying to make everything right because I want my hair to be in great health. I’m getting good on moisture retention. I just have to wait on my short pieces in the front to grow longer so that everything will fit in a ponytail.
I am so happy that I reached 12 weeks post relaxer. I wanted to stop at 6 weeks but I stuck it through. I cannot wait to see what my hair will be like when I officially reach a full 20 weeks. My relaxer date will either be on August 30 or August 31. Either day will be fine with me because I just want to reach 20 weeks.

How is your relaxer stretch going? Are there any pros or cons?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to 12 weeks post! *throws confetti*

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's getting hard right because of shedded hair and it looks like it's breaking off too. It might be time for some protein. Hopefully this helps.

      Delete