Thursday, July 31, 2014

Aloe & Eucalyptus Oil Hair Mist

From my last wash day post, my hair felt really weird like my hair still felt really dry and brittle while it’s still under running water. As I was reviewing my regimen, I totally forgot that I wanted to try out hair misting to keep my hair soft and moisturized during the day. In the morning, my hair is usually dry and sounds crunchy. My usual hair mist would contain aloe vera juice and water but I found a website that made me decide to change it up a bit.

My hair mist was inspired by Tamara F. of Naturalhairrules.com. The reason why I said “inspired” is because the hair mist that I followed, I didn’t have all of the products that she used such as the Lavender Essential Oil. Her initial hair that I followed was her Aloe & Lavender Moisturizing Mist. I changed the name for mines since I used a different essential oil: Aloe & Eucalyptus Morning Mist.

Benefits of Hair Mists:
-Moisturizes hair
-Soften dry strands
-Aloe Vera helps strengthen hair
-Coconut oil adds moisture to dull hair.


To reference Tamara F. morning mist, the exact ingredients, it’s located here. Here are my ingredients that I used

Ingredients:
  • Water (1/4 cup)
  • Aloe Vera Juice (1 tbsp)
  • Coconut Oil (1 tbsp)
  • EVOO (1 tbsp)
  • Almond Oil (1 tsp)
  • Vitamin E (1/2 tsp)
  • Eucalyptus Oil (2-3) the regular Eucalyptus oil was too strong for me so I used Simplicity oil which contains Eucalyptus oil
Directions:
  1. Add the distilled water into your container/water bottle
  2. Add the oils
  3. Add the Aloe Vera Juice
  4. Mix it up until well incorporated
  5. Store in the fridge

When I first used it, my hair sucked it up really quickly but it made my hair feel really soft and manageable. I guess my pH balance was way off and the aloe vera juice helped it to go back in place. I will only use this product in the morning then proceed to my regular moisturizing and sealing for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment