Happy New Year!!
Idecided to try out some new things for the New Year which consisted of a Hot Oil Treatment. My hair started to get crunchy and dry. For my pre-poo I used warmed EVCO & EVOO.
- For 10 minutes, I used heat using my blow dryer and my hair felt dry but moisturized.
- I proceeded to shampoo my hair using Suave Professional Almond & Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo.
- I washed it out cold with cool water and there was a lot of slip.
- After air drying for 15 minutes, I started to get really cold so I added my leave-in: Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-in Conditioenr, EVCO; Aussie Heat Protectant and Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum.
TBH Since I relaxed my hair, I’ve been using Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-in religiously and my hair got a little more thicker. I never knew that this product contained hydrogenated castor oil. Is that a good or bad thing?I then blow dried my hair realizing that I’m getting tenderheaded all over again. Ugh. I hate this because I wanted to cry the whole time blow drying.
- Holds Moisture
- Deep Conditioning with heat makes a lot of difference
- Had a lot of slip
- Feelings of tenderness
- Hot Oil Treatment made my hair dry but shiny
For the first wash of the year this went really well and I’m looking forward to more wash days like this.
How was your recent wash day?