Saturday, January 25, 2014

Mid-Week: Wash Day

Wash Day: Ambiguous Hair
I’m so late with my posts; I washed my hair Tuesday (January 21)
I did not post my last washday, Friday, because I was so upset with the results! Seriously me and my hair was not getting along the whole weekend. My hair was always tangled, extremely dry and a mess. I Moisturized & Sealed twice a day but that wouldn’t help because my hair would be dry by that night as well as crunchy!
Monday came around and I wanted to keep doing the inversion method from Sunday night. By that afternoon, my hair was dried out.
FML!
By Tuesday, my hair decided to matt down into an afro. I was done. But I found out what the problem was…
Ambiguous Hair
[am-big-yoo-uhs]
1. Open to or having several possible meanings or interpretations
I’ve tried adding more moisture to my regimen due to dry hair and it’s not working! I came to the conclusion that my hair does not want to respond to anything and realized that I have ambiguous hair. I went to The Science of Black Hair by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy and re-read the section on how to treat ambiguous hair.
I saturated my hair with warm water to remove some of the build-up on my scalp. I clarified my hair using Suave Clarifying Shampoo.

I then proceeded to mix ORS Repenishing Conditioner, LeKair Strenghtening and Conditioning Crème, and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner in my plastic bowl. I wanted to combine my protein conditioner and moisturizing conditioner steps together because I didn’t want to step in and out of the shower too much. I left it on my hair for 30 minutes then rinsed it out with cool water.
After applying my leave-ins, oils and air drying, I figured out that I just needed more moisture a few days later….

No comments:

Post a Comment