Saturday, January 25, 2014

Wash Day: Hair Mask

Banana Smoothie Hair Mask
Once again, my hair dried out because I was sweating hard at work in that kitchen. I also found out that I have High Porosity hair. Hairlista’s found Sunshyne, has two pages talking about High Porosity Hair (You can check them out here and here.
I decided to try something new…
Banana Smoothie Hair Mask
You Will Need
·         1 Ripe Banana (or more determined by length)
·         EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
·         Honey
·         Grapeseed Oil
Bananas are good for your hair because it is rich in natural oils, vitamins, potassium and carbohydrates. It protects the hairs natural elasticity and helps to soften the hair. Bananas protect the hair from sun and wind damage and helps to retain moisture
The benefits of honey are that it gives hair sheen and adds moisture to the hair. Honey contains sweetners that naturally nourish the hair and encourages hair growth. It is also a natural care for dull, brittle dry hair.
The mixture smelled so weird because I do not eat bananas. I smashed the banana then proceeded to add the oils and honey. I parted my hair in 4 sections, added coconut oil in my hair then applied the hair mask. I wrapped my hair with plastic wrap and kept it on my hair for 1.5 hours. Once I took off my plastic wrap, my hair was steamed and very moisturized. I washed it out with cold water.
Well my hair kept drinking up the water so I had to constantly run it under the water. Instead of squeezing the excess water, I just t-shirt dried my hair with soaking wet.
Before I started air drying, I used Purified Water, ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion, and Garnier Fructis Serum to seal in everything.
This concoction really does help with the dry hair! This is defiantly becoming a staple!!!
 
How was your recent wash day?

No comments:

Post a Comment