Friday, January 3, 2014

Relaxer Touch Up

 
 
I couldn’t take the two textures anymore so I had to relax my hair at 18 weeks. I relaxed my hair December 22, 2013. Sorry, I tried to take pictures but my camera wasn’t working.
 
Pre-Relaxer
 
I’ve only been in my hair journey for 5 months and I learned so much about relaxing my hair. Exactly a week before I relaxed my hair, I did a hard protein treatment using Africa’s Best Organics Hair Mayonnaise. My hair was in dying need of protein!

Relaxer Day

This day consisted of a long process because I had so much to do in a little bit of time. I was really scared because it’s been 4 months since I relaxed my hair and I was scared about my progress.

1.        I divided my hair in 4 sections and applied Vaseline on the scalp and a cheapie conditioner on the length of my hair.

2.       I used Africa’s Best No Lye Relaxer in Normal. This time, I only used about 2/3 or the activator and added 2 tbsp each of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil into the relaxer.

3.       The relaxer stayed on my new growth for 12 minutes. My last relaxer back in August only stayed on my hair for 10 minutes. But adding that 2 minutes on really made a big difference.

4.       Once I washed out the relaxer, I used my sister’s Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor, washed   my hair out the proceeded to use the neutralizing shampoo. After reading the book, The Science of Black Hair, I learned that when I’m neutralizing my hair, I should leave the shampoo on for 5 or more minutes each lather so that my hair can return to its natural pH level and to have no traces of relaxer in my hair. That alone made a huge difference.

5.       I DC’d my hair using a mixture of the deep conditioner that was in the relaxer box, Suave Anti Breakage Conditioner, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
6.       Finally, I used an ACV Rinse

7.       My hair looked so different now that I’ve been on my hair journey since I texlaxed my hair. This is my second relaxer in my texlaxed hair journey and I’m loving the texture that’s still in my hair.
Once again, I apologize for my camera but trust me, my hair has been a lot better for me to style. For the past four months, I had trouble keeping my hair moisturized; my hair was always frizzy and would never lay down. Plus, when my pH level was way too high in my hair and I did an ACV rinse, my hair would seem to get worse. Since I texlaxed my hair once again, everything went back to normal. My hair holds moisture, my hair is not frizzy anymore and I want it to stay that way.
 
How was your recent relaxer day? What were your results?


No comments:

Post a Comment