Thursday, June 4, 2015

Where in the Hair have you been?

Tamara, where in the hair have you been? :3

I’ve been wanting to do a blog post since February when I posted my last one. What has been stopping me was College. I’m a Junior and I’m taking more intense classes such as Hospitality Financial Accounting 3, Food in Film and Literature, etc. It may not seem all that bad to you but the University that I attend is on a trimester basis so we learn things very quickly.

Anyways as a treat, I’m going to tell you what I have been doing for the past 2 weeks since they go together:

Week 1:



My hair has been very dry, matted and tangled since I came back home for the summer. North and South Carolina has different humidities so my hair is suffering for it.

Pre-poo: Within 4 sections, I applied coconut oil on scalp and length of my hair. Applying this oil helped loosen my strands a bit.

Shampoo: To remove any buildup on my hair since it’s been a while from the last time I cleansed it, I used Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo. This shampoo had to be applied 2x in each section because I felt like using it 1x wouldn’t be enough. My hair felt very soft, especially my new growth.

Deep Condition: Since I do not own a deep conditioner, I love to mix my conditioners and oils together since it always works for me. I used Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner, Coconut Oil + 3 Drops of Simplicity Oil in each section. I left it on for 20 minutes and I came to the conclusion that I will try my hardest not to neglect my hair again.

A few days later, my hair was really dry, once again, my scalp was tender and no matter if I incorporated moisture in my hair, it would not work. Since it was being ambiguous, I decided to use a protein treatment:

Week 2:



A day before my next wash day,I applied Sunny Isle JBCO on my scalp, massaged it in then sprayed Aloe Vera Juice + Water Mix on my hair. I left that on for a day, it got dry once again. So, I had to spray with Aloe Vera Juice + Water again, applied Coconut Oil then applied Organics Hair Mayonnaise by Africa’s Best. I’m telling you, there was a difference as soon as I applied this conditioner to my hair. I was very generous.

To really give my hair some TLC, I deep conditioned with heat using my Laila Ali Conditioning Cap for 20-30 minutes. I had some trouble rinsing it out of my hair, since I did it in the kitchen. I have a big head (lol) so I had some trouble. The good thing is that I had a lot of slip with minimal shedding.

I do need a trim because I noticed some breakage.

Style: After t-shirt drying my hair for 15 minutes, I decided to do a braid out using the LOC Method:
  • Aloe Vera Juice + Water Mix
  • Coconut Oil
  • African Pride Olive Miracle Anti-Breakage Formula (PROTEIN BASED)
Since I did a protein treatment, I decided to use protein-based products throughout my whole wash day)

The next day, my hair was very soft, moisturized and I had a lot of movement! I think for now on, if I’m incorporating protein in my wash day, I will use protein based products during the whole time and the same thing if I’m incorporating moisture.

This has been a long battle so I’m very happy that I conquered it!








How was your wash day?

,

The Wash Day Experience

3 comments:

  1. I would def want to try your deep conditioning mix!ur curls r looking very well defined.

    ReplyDelete