Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wash Day @ 40 Weeks Post


So, I washed my hair Sunday! But, I was taking care of my niece and been sick so I finally have the opportunity to do this post. I’m trying y’all, bare with me.


Before I decided to wash my hair, my hair was between the stages of moisturized and dry since my attempted bantu knot happened. Sometimes I wonder if my hair was longer, this bantu knot out would work out for me?


For this wash day, I decided to use basically the LOC method to deep condition. I used Aloe Vera Juice + Water Mix, Coconut Oil and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner. Instantly, my hair felt very soft. I was very tired that night so I decided to finger detangle, put on my shower cap and deep conditioned over night.


After finally putting my niece to sleep, I had enough strength to wash my hair under cold water and I had a lot of slip. OMgee, I could easily slide my hands through my hair without any problems. I was low-key dancing in the shower. (Don’t judge me!) But, I was very thankful for finger detangling my hair before rinsing the conditioner out because I don’t know how much of that cold water I could take.


Immediately out of the shower, I t-shirt dried my hair for about an hour then proceeded to moisturize and seal my hair using the LOC method. This time, I used my Aloe Vera + Water Mix, Coconut Oil and African Pride Shea Miracle Leave-in Conditioner. You guys, I used to be so skeptical about this leave-in but now I swear by it.


After that failed bantu knot-out, I decided to go back to one of my go-to hairstyles which is a Braidout.



This is what my hair looked like for the past 3 days since I rarely go out anymore. My hair is still moisturized and Tuesday, I massaged Sunny Isle JBCO on my problem area which is on my last post here.















I finally have a close up of what my new growth looks like. I’m not too sure of what my pattern may look like because in some areas, I have wavy texture and on other areas, more curly textures. What do you ladies/gents think?




How was your recent wash day?

The Wash Day Experience

3 comments:

  1. You had a great wash day! I've heard great things about Aloe Vera Juice. Do you think it's an essential part of your regimen.

    http://www.adventuresofanappychica.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I do believe that its an essential part of my regimen now because it makes my hair feel so soft the next day.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Yes, I do believe that its an essential part of my regimen now because it makes my hair feel so soft the next day.

      Delete