Friday, October 11, 2013

Product Review: Ion Hard Water Shampoo


Product Review: Ion Purifying Solutions Hard Water Shampoo

Ion Hard Water Shampoo

Price: $6.59

Purchased At: Sally’s Beauty

                                           Promises: Ion Hard Water Shampoo helps prevent build-up of hard and well water minerals like Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, and Copper that can cause dryness, damage, discoloration and dullness while adding shine and moisture. Leaves hair soft, manageable and healthy-looking. Deep yet gentle cleansing for all hair types, including chemically-treated hair.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium c14-16Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, PG/PEG-2/6 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Glucose, Propylparaben, Wheat-Germamidopropyl Dimethylamine Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylproprional, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Blue 1 (Cl 42090), Yellow 5 (Cl 19140).

My Assessment: I honestly never knew that I had hard water until I began my hair journey. Just the thought of minerals in my hair causing dryness and breakage, made me take the train to go to Sally’s Beauty. The smell of the shampoo reminds me of hair spray which is not a bad thing. The consistency of it runny to thick and it lathers in my hair very nicely. It says that it makes the hair feel moisturized but it doesn’t to my hair because my hair feels stripped every time that I use it. I use it only once a month at the beginning of the month as a clarifying shampoo. This shampoo does make my head feel clean and after I’m finished with my ‘wash day’, my hair feels moisturized, shiny and my natural hair color comes back. I do like ION’s line and I will definitely buy this again.

Happy Hair Journey,


 

 

Disclaimer: The items mentioned in this post were purchased with my own funds. I have not received any compensation for this post and I was not asked to give a review for this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment