Sunday, October 20, 2013

Wash Day 2


Wash Day
  • Hot Oil treatment for the first time as a pre-poo. For my hot oil treatment, I will be using a mixture of: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Vitamin E, Grapeseed, and Avocado Oil.

Application:

Place the bottle in a cup of hot/warm water for 10 minutes.

Section my hair in 4 sections and apply the oil to my scalp.

Massage my scalp to ensure the oil is evenly distributed.

Apply the remaining oil to the length of my hair.

Cover with a plastic cap for 45 minutes.
  • Shampoo with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo.

  • Tea rinse with Earl Grey Black Tea for  45 minutes to 1hr.

How did your hair feel?

My hair felt really soft, especially my new growth! People say that the black tea will make the hair get darker but I’m thinking that my hair will do the same after more applications. This is definitely going into my hair regimen.

  • Applied VO5 Smoothing Conditioner for 30 minutes, then rinsed.

  • Deep conditioned with a mixture of: Aussie Moist 3 Minute Deeeeep Treatment, Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner, EVOO and Grapeseed oil for 1 hr.

  • Sprayed hair with ACV Rinse (ACV= Apple Cider Vinegar)

Ratio of:

1/4 cup ACV and 2 cups water

  • I rinsed out with cold water

  • T-shirt dry for 30 minutes, sprayed with Aussie Leave-in conditioner, tied with a silk scarf until 80% dry; add extra virgin olive oil and detangled.


Trust and believe that I had a lot of slip and less breakage. I only noticed 5 strands of shedded hair.

[[The Overall Day?]]

Overall, I’m very pleased with this wash day. My hair came out soft and very smooth! I’m very happy that I got that high porosity situation under control with the ACV Rinse! As for the BTR or, black tea rinse, it’s definitely going to be incorporated into my regimen. The hot oil treatment is not going to be incorporated because it got way too messy for me and I feel as if I’m using a lot of oil for it to just sit on my hair for only 30 minutes.

After my hair was fully air dry, I added some Aloe Vera Gel to my edges and used a wet brush to evenly distribute it through my hair:

 

 


I’m looking forward to better wash days with my hair.

how was your recent wash day?

 

HHJ,

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment