Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Wash Day

Clarifying Day

My hair has been through hell baby! I don’t even remember the last time I shampooed my hair. YUCK!! What I do know is that I’ve been constantly adding a DC, Oil, Protein treatments to my hair. There is so much product buildup that my hair is beginning to matte and shrink like crazy.
I decided to create a new and improved regimen. (Decided to go back to the basics!) So, it’s time for a fresh start.

I’m clarifying my hair with ION Purifying Solutions Hard Water Shampoo. In the shower, I parted my hair into 4 sections and used warm water to help remove some of the buildup on my hair. I only used the shampoo on my scalp. My hair felt stripped but it didn’t feel dry or stringy.
I towel dried my hair to suck up the excess water for 15 minutes. I then applied my light protein treatment deep conditioner. I’m using Profectiv Mega Growth Anti-Breakage Strengthening Deep Conditioner. This stayed on my hair for 45 minutes.

I did not want to step out of that shower because babayyy, my hair felt so soft and had a lot of slip. The whole time, I was touching my hair because this deep conditioner gave me LIFE!

After washing the DC out, I did an ACV rinse in each section. For my mixture I used 2 parts water + 1 part ACV. For example: If I wanted 6 oz, I would use 4oz Water and 2oz ACV.

I then t-shirt dried for 30 minutes; added my leave-in: African Pride Shea Butter Moisture Intense Leave-in Conditioner and coconut oil and proceeded to detangle.

For 2 hours, I air dried my hair and it took so long for my new growth to dry. Finally when it dried, I moisturized and sealed at 70% dry to tame my dry hair. At 90% dry, I applied JBCO to my scalp.

For the overall day, I loved that my hair is loving what I did to it for the day. At first, my hair was really dry. Once I clarified it, my length came back. As for the deep conditioner, it gave me life and a lot of slip. The ACV rinse made my hair feel a little dry but after t-shirt drying, my hair felt super curly!!!


How was your recent wash day?

No comments:

Post a Comment