Saturday, March 29, 2014

Wash Day: Good & Bad

During the week, I never got the chance to do anything to my hair due to the fact that I was very tired from classes. Today, I decided that enough is enough so I grabbed all the products that I needed to wash my hair.
The last time I washed my hair was 2 weeks ago.

Pre-poo: I did a hot oil treatment using EVOO, EVCO, Vitamin E, Grapeseed Oil and a few drops of Jamaican Mango & Lime JBCO. I left this in my hair for 30 minutes without heat.

Let me say that my hair is a firm believer for using a pre-poo prior to shampooing with a sulfate based shampoo. I rinsed out the oil with warm to cool water and proceeded with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo. My hair didn’t feel stripped; just soft and fluffy. I towel dried my hair to get some of the moisture out.

For my DC, I used a protein based conditioner: ORS Replenishing Conditioner + 2 tsp Aloe Vera Juice and two shots of V05 Moisturizing Conditioner. Within sections, I applied to my hair and let it sit for 1 hr 15 minutes without heat.
OMG!!! My hair felt so soft. My new growth was very defined and felt like butter. I did not want to step out the shower but the water was too cold for my comfort.

I t-shirt dried my hair for 15 minutes, add my leave-ins and sealed everything in with EVCO and Garnier Fructis Serum. For the night, I air dried in a bun.

The Next Day: I woke up like WTF!!! My hair was very frizzy, It would not lay down for the life of me and it looked very untamed. That’s why I do not have any pictures because I was trying to figure out what’s going on. I took my bun down and my hair was very tangled. It was crazy because I fully detangled my hair last night.

Screw you high porosity! Tonight I’m going to grab my bottles to wet my hair again to fix it. The next post will have pictures!
Much Love,

Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment