Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wash Day: Clarification Day @ 22 Weeks Post

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hey guys! I’m so sorry for the late post but I had a big test to study for so Sunday was not a great day for me. Monday afternoon, my hair was going through it so I decided to grab my products and run to the bathroom.

Well, lets start with my hair before I washed it. I’ve been very tired lately so I did not moisturize and seal my hair for 2 days. Big MISTAKE. My hair was really dry, crunchy and I could not manage to touch it. It was hurting that bad. I thought that I needed another protein treatment but I just did that last week so I do not want any protein overload. What I did think about was doing something that I haven’t done in a while, clarify my hair.

I thought that clarifying would be a great choice because my hair has been acting weird. I did not pre-poo my hair because I’m getting rid of all of the product buildup since the last time I clarified my hair, which was a really long time.

I went in the shower and let my hair soak under warm water as I
massaged my scalp to lift up any dirt and/or buildup. I used Suave Naturals Clarifying Shampoo. Within sections, I shampooed my hair. The shampoo really made my hair feel soft until I rinsed my hair out and it felt stripped. I wasn’t too upset about it because I am clarifying my hair of any oils. After washing my hair, I grabbed Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner. I was planning on rinsing this out and go deep condition but I was feeling a bit lazy so I stepped out the shower and just deep conditioned with that conditioner. About an hour later, I rinsed it out in cold water.

For the past few days, I did not detangle my hair so that was a major pain killer. I caught hell just trying to do that. Since I wear glasses I thought that I lost a lot of hair but compared to days where a lot came out, it was a breeze in the wind. I rinsed this out under cold water. I have to find a really good deep conditioner because it seems as if nothing is really working for me anymore.
For the longest, I’ve wanted straight hair for the longest, but I’m really scared to straighten it because of my set back that happened in November. I only blow dried my hair but I neglected it so much that I had major buildup and my hair was falling out. I’m still recovering so the next time I will straighten my hair with heat will be in April when I turn 21!


That’s when it came to mind where I could do a heat-less blowout. I did this with these simple steps:
  1. Applied a scarf to lay my edges down
  2. Tied my hair into 6 small ponytails to aid into straightening my new growth
  3. After a few hours, moisturized and sealed using shea butter and BB Oil Moisturizer
  4. Detangled with a paddle brush
  5. Air dry until the morning
  6. Style as desired.

The way that I styled my hair was section my hair in the front into two parts, twists them then pinned them up. My hair has always been shorter in the front versus the back. Since I haven’t straightened my hair since September, this would be the best way for me.

Results: My hair is still kind of tangled but I can manage with it. I’ve learned this week that I need to M&S on a daily basis because it will hurt me in the long run if I don’t. I do need to find a really good deep conditioner that’s within budget because I cannot afford an expensive conditioner at the moment.

How was your recent wash day?


The Wash Day Experience

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your are learning more about your hair, M&S is a must especially since your over 22 weeks post. What deep conditioners have you tried? Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Deep treatment is pretty good, you can find it anywhere and its under $6, Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle is also a good deep conditioner. You could also spice up the conditioners you have by adding oils and whatnot. Hope next wash day is better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harlem! Out of the blue, I would get sick and it would cause me to have 0 energy to do my hair or get out of my bed. I'm really working on M&S every day. Being in college sometimes sucks because I don't have the extra money to get what I want. I've tried both conditioners that you mentioned and I love them but each store I go to, they're gone. Hopefully this weekend, I'll find them. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. This post reminds me that I need to take care of my hair.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete