First Wash day of the year!
I’ve been doing some thinking and I really want to change around my blog. I’m planning on writing a post 3x a week and I’m thinking about doing YT videos about my hair. For the posts, I’m thinking about doing Sunday, Wednesdays and Fridays. These are the days where I wash my hair except for Friday. On Friday, it’s just going to be Random posts talking about hair updates, product reviews, etc. Okay, back to my hair!
1) Pre-poo was inspired by Naptural85’s 25 Minute Co-Wash + Detangling Video which will be linked here. I used Coconut Oil and Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner. I used my lovely Laila Ali’s Conditioning Cap for 30 minutes. The product review post will be here. So, I put the cap setting to high and started screaming because I forgot that the heating wire was on my forehead. Instead of getting help, my best friend decided to just laugh. Lol
2) I shampooed using Aussie’s Moist Shampoo twice. I love pre-pooing before I shampoo because my hair does not feel stripped at all. I did this part twice. My hair still felt soft and very moisturized.
3) I t-shirt dried my hair for a few minutes then applied Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol. Since it was so early in the morning, I decided to leave this on overnight and proceed to wash it out in the morning.
4) In the morning, I rinsed it out with cool running water. My hair does not like this product anymore. My hair felt so weird BUT I’m not giving up just yet since I’m in need of protein. I’ve been staying away from protein for a few weeks because I used it 2x in a row. To prevent having protein overload, I just incorporated moisture in my hair constantly. I would rather get moisture overload because that is easier to fix.
5) I air dried after using a t-shirt to soak up most of the water. I air dried with chunky twists without any product.
6) I’m trying to change up my hairstyles since my go-to hairstyle is a Twist-out. I remember when I was first on my hair journey and tried to do a braid out and it came out horrible. My hair was really dry and it was a frizzy mess. Soo, this time, I was hoping that it will come out better. I used the L.O.C. Method using Water, Shea Butter and Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Cream.
These are the results:
How’s your recent wash day? Have you tried out any new protective styles?